Top Ten Online Colleges Based On Enrollment
In the Fall of 2009, the National Center for Education Statistics gathered information on what colleges and universities had the most enrollment in the United States. Below are the top ten online colleges and universities based on enrollment:
- University of Phoenix, Online [OnlineCollege.com's Top Choice] – 380,232 students enrolled. University of Phoenix leads the list with a total of 380,232 students enrolled in Fall 2009. University of Phoenix provides a variety of degree programs, certificates, and individual courses, including criminal justice, education, technology, business and psychology. The advisors and staff at University of Phoenix want to help you jump-start your education, and with their Live Chat program that can be found on their website, in seconds you will be talking to a representative of the school, who can answer all and any questions you may have. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- Kaplan University – 71,011 students enrolled. Kaplan University offers over 200 degrees and programs, giving students the chance to enroll in their program of choice. Fields range from legal studies, education, and criminal justice to nursing, health sciences and technology. As the second online school based on enrollment, Kaplan is a great choice, offering not only online courses, but campus and learning center courses as well. At Kaplan University, you can receive your education on your own terms. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- Strayer University – 54, 325 students enrolled. Strayer University has been helping students in continuing their education since 1892, with their programs specializing business and information technology. Many of the programs relate to management and administration in areas such as accounting, business, health services and information systems. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- Ashford University – 46,835 students enrolled. Ashford University has four school in which you can earn your degree in: College of Business and Professional Studies, College of Education, College of Health, Human Services and Science and College of Liberal Arts. Whether you want to study Sports and Recreation Management or Cultural Anthropology, Ashford University has many different programs for all interests.
- Liberty University – 46,312 students enrolled. Liberty University is a top online Christian college, teaching a variety of courses from a Christian worldview. Programs include business administration, psychology with specializations in Substance Abuse, and Christian Counseling, as well as paralegal studies and aeronautics. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- Walden University – 40,714 students enrolled. Walden University provides 15 online bachelor degree programs and more than 70 online concentrations. The many concentrations allow you to become more specialized in your field, making Walden University a great choice for those planning to integrate into the workforce after they finish their education. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- University of Maryland, University College – 37,347 students enrolled. University of Maryland, University College offers many in-demand fields for prospective students such as Homeland Security, Cybersecurity, Fire Science and many other career-relevant programs.
- Grand Canyon University – 34,305 students enrolled. Grand Canyon University is a private Christian University, which offers online classes one at a time, allowing you to have a better focus and in-depth training in each course. Working around your own busy schedule, Grand Canyon University works with you, to make sure your needs are met. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- Capella University – 31,998 students enrolled. Capella University offers programs in Homeland Security, Management and Leadership, Emergency Management, and Project Management, giving students with a range of interests many areas of study. Capella University offers Bachelor’s degree programs as well as Master’s and Doctoral programs. (To learn more information on this school, click here)
- American Public University System – 31,331 students enrolled. Lastly, bringing our list to a close is American Public University System, which includes two online universities: American Public University and American Military University. American Public University System offers more than 87 undergraduate and graduate degree programs ranging from Transportation and Logistics Management, and Sports to Intelligence and Homeland Security.